Boulder Airsoft & Brigade Milsim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome!

Optimized for Google Chrome, Droid and iPhone users.

Thank you for coming the the Forum of Boulder Airsoft.

Create a free account, and start interacting with other airsoft players in the Colorado area.

You can check out our home page at www.boulderairsoft.com

Like us on Facebook

Boulder Airsoft Home Facebook Instagram
Forum Flickr Brigade Facebook

Current Weather in Nederland CO
Find more about Weather in Nederland, CO
Click for weather forecast

Introductions

+64
crazyfox1138
Dustin_d_j
Staffman
Cord_D_Sword
Volcdiz
popo_mack
Trombly
EGBTER
ThorntheGreat
blacktiger911
ghost7
Eidolon
KDM
Rainman
McDonald-K-WY
Cabooska
barnesjared
Avego
DuBd44
Ne0P1aSm33
Arindur
GZDonner
Topaz
Hitman
damian75th
Werespaz
Martin Grim
HotDog (A5)
CPT. Alden 'Fox' Glazier
Rog Speech
Sasquach
Miner
soldier
Jedi
treskie
SpraynPray
Jazzman
Samsterdude
Hawkeye
Smoky
Doc
KennyManz
Dutch
Curses
theobutters42
Mechanic
Priest
Abacus
Polaris_x
BlackForestSAG
Ziet
Grizzly
Lex
Bones
Peytoven
jwhee1er
SplitInfinity
Der Affe (Dice)
shiftycat
Gobbo
Tango
TheRedThreat
Twitch
Coyote
68 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Introductions - Page 6 Empty Howdy folks!

Post by Rainman May 1st 2015, 18:39

Hi everyone,

It was great to meet some of you at last week's practice, and I look forward to meeting the rest soon.

As a quick background, I've played airsoft off and on since about 2001-- mostly casual backyard games, but also a stint with my college team. I moved to Colorado from Georgia just over a year ago, and I work for Thule as a product designer. I'm a big outdoors guy, which is the main reason I wanted to come to Colorado. I'm into mountain biking, snowboarding, camping, shooting... all the good stuff. I'm an eagle scout-- I'm big on self sufficiency and leadership. This is a big reason I'm drawn to the milsim side of airsoft. That, and I like gear and guns! 

I recently felt the urge to get back into a team sport and I decided to ask google if there were any airsoft teams in the area, and voila. Here I am! I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and (if i make the team) learning a lot and having some great times!

Best,
-Daniel (call-sign TBD... this is a big decision)

Rainman
Master Sergeant E-8

Back to top Go down

Introductions - Page 6 Empty Re: Introductions

Post by TheRedThreat May 1st 2015, 18:47

It was good to meet you at training and I'm looking forward to our next couple trainings and having you there.
TheRedThreat
TheRedThreat
1st Lieutenant O-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainman May 1st 2015, 19:16

Likewise!
Rainman
Rainman
Master Sergeant E-8

Back to top Go down

Post by KDM July 10th 2015, 01:19

Hey Guys,

I'm Kyle McElroy, I met a few of you last Sunday. I'm looking forward to learning some tactics and teamwork with you gentleman. I don't have a lot of airsoft experience, just some backyard games back in the day. But I'm ready and eager to learn, hopefully I will meet the rest of the crew at the next practice. I'm currently a student at CU Boulder studying Ecology and Evolutionary Biology.

KDM
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Eidolon July 10th 2015, 10:43

KDM, It was good meeting you! Hope to see you at the next training!
Eidolon
Eidolon
Brigade Operator, Fire Team Bravo

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost7 January 30th 2016, 14:21

Hi im Joseph and Im interested to be part of the Airsoft Boulder. I came from Asia but now a US Citizen and working in the Hospital in Lafayette.I dont know about what i will expect from Airsoft but i like the game and been watching it only in youtube. So i decide to join and feel the trill of been part and enjoy the game.
ghost7
ghost7
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch January 30th 2016, 16:05

Joseph, welcome to the community.  The sport can certainly be a lot of fun.  I look forward to meeting you out at Kiowa Creek tomorrow. 

--Chris
Twitch
Twitch
Brigade Commander - Operations Manager

http://www.brigademilsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blacktiger911 April 8th 2016, 13:51

well since I put in the application and will be attending this week guess I should introduce myself.
I am 20 years old and live in commerce city. I am pretty new to airsoft but I knew from the first game I played I wanted more and figure this would be a great way to get into airsoft. I don't really have a field name but most call me tiger however formal introductions will be done this weekend. that's the short of it more to come if everything goes good!
blacktiger911
blacktiger911
Corporal E-4

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch April 8th 2016, 22:50

blacktiger911 wrote:well since I put in the application and will be attending this week guess I should introduce myself.
I am 20 years old and live in commerce city. I am pretty new to airsoft but I knew from the first game I played I wanted more and figure this would be a great way to get into airsoft. I don't really have a field name but most call me tiger however formal introductions will be done this weekend. that's the short of it more to come if everything goes good!

Mark, welcome!  I look forward to meeting you on Sunday.  If you have any questions along the way, please let us know!

--Chris
Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainman April 8th 2016, 22:52

Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you Sunday.
Rainman
Rainman
Master Sergeant E-8

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedThreat April 9th 2016, 00:25

Welcome!  I believe we spoke at Kiowa before.  Looking forward to this weekend.
TheRedThreat
TheRedThreat
1st Lieutenant O-2

Back to top Go down

Post by ThorntheGreat December 17th 2016, 18:33

DAAAAAAAMMMN yall have TOO impressive introductions :'(

But anywas..

Hey guys My name is Terry Belcher.  I am 29 yrs young.
I am originally from Burlington, Iowa and moved out here to be closer to my brother and pursue something better.  

I have been welding for 14yrs now.  You can say that i have pretty much done everything in the welding field... Underwater welding in the Mississippi and a little in the Ocean.  Did High Strength steel for Boewing and RollsRoyce,  Hung steel,  Laid pipe, pretty much everything.. MIG TIG and ARC. 

I not married or have any kids SO, that being said i have lots of free time!!! (outside of work of course) 

I have had alot of nickname over the years, Thorn, Terbear, Cornfield, Turbo, Nitro.

So, take your pick lol

But anywas back to the serious stuff... I just start playing Airsoft and really excited to play and learn from you guys and get to know yall.

Thanks again

Terry B.
ThorntheGreat
ThorntheGreat
Corporal E-4

Back to top Go down

Post by EGBTER December 19th 2016, 08:05

Welcome to the sport, we look forward to slinging bb's with you.
EGBTER
EGBTER
Brigade Operator - NCO, Fire Team Bravo

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffman December 19th 2016, 21:25

Welcome, Looking forward having fun and growing the team and this community.
Staffman
Staffman
Staff Sergeant E-6

Back to top Go down

Post by Trombly January 10th 2017, 19:53

Hey just trying to get back into the sport for this spring and trying to find places/people to go with.

Rock on

Trombly
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch January 10th 2017, 20:45

Trombly wrote:Hey just trying to get back into the sport for this spring and trying to find places/people to go with.

Rock on
Welcome to the community.  There are places around to play, however, the number of them has been unfortunately shrinking. 

If you're looking for some relaxed pickup game type activities, here are some local fields are:
American Paintball Collesium. (yes they do airsoft). Web: http://www.americanpaintballcoliseum.com/denver-colorado-airsoft-field

Flat Acres Farm, Web: https://www.foxairsoft.com/flat-acres-farm-outdoor-airsoft-field/

Another place to watch for (if it ever reopens) is Kiowa Creek. 

If you're looking to get more involved in the milsim aspect of the sport and are looking for a local team, I am the team leader of Brigade Milsim, based out of the Boulder area.  I will post a couple of videos below to give you an idea of who we are and what we do.  Here is a link to read more and apply if interested: http://apply.brigademilsim.com

You can also see more about the team on Facebook and Instagram @brigademilsim

Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Introductions - Page 6 Empty Introduction

Post by popo_mack April 22nd 2017, 02:00

Hey Guys,

My name is Chris Parsons and I am a new applicant to the team.

A small overview of who I am:

Originally from Philly, I moved to FoCo with my girlfriend straight out of college for an inpatient RN position at PVH about 2 years ago.
I was an avid mountain biker until I sold my bike to move out here and have yet to get another bike. 
Over the years I have played several dozen games of airsoft, mostly small pickup games in the back yard with friends and younger brothers. I mostly played as a mid-close combat AEG and as a sniper. 

Originally, I wanted to play with a casual group but then I came across the term "Milsim" and I've been hooked on the idea (40-hour games sound sick).

Unfortunately I have literally zero gear so I don't know how long it will be until I become as active as I'd like to be but I am so excited to have found this team!  

I am currently working on getting out of my position in the hospital to work full time on my business. In a nut shell, I help realtors get more clients and help design and implement a process to automate the cash going into their pocket. Once that gets going and I'm making more money I fully intend to get geared up.

You can bet I'll be there on the 30th and I'm looking forward to meeting the team!

popo_mack
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffman April 22nd 2017, 07:29

Welcome Chris, I look foreword to meeting you on the 30th.

Staffman
Staffman
Staffman
Staff Sergeant E-6

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainman April 22nd 2017, 07:43

Welcome! No worries about the gear yet. We have plenty to go around.
Rainman
Rainman
Master Sergeant E-8

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch April 22nd 2017, 07:46

Chris, 

Welcome to the forum and the community.  My name is also Chris (there's a few of us here) and I am the team leader for Brigade Milsim.  

Our team, while we definitely have a good time and know when a relaxed atmosphere is appropriate, is more focused on the national milsim operations.  We train together all year in preparation for attending these.  The long events can be a lot of fun if you do them right.  You're applying to the team just as we are in the final stages of preparation for one, so you'll get to see first hand what the level of preparation that goes into it as the team prepares to head out in May.  

As for gear, don't worry about that on the 30th, we'll have some equipment that you can borrow to get you through the day.  Down the road if everything works out acquiring gear will become cheaper as our we have a dealer purchasing account available to our team members to get equipment at dealer cost. This saves the team several thousand dollars year. 

Please keep an eye on the team forum.  As an applicant you should now have some hot-links on the left side of your screen when you view the forum on a PC.  We do a lot of planning and coordination here.  If you have questions along the way, please ask.  Questions are good.  

I'll go into more about the team with you on Sunday the 30th. In the mean time, here are a couple videos, one from a team training back in November, and another from the most recent milsim op we attended. 

Training: 

Operation Copperhead 2.5
Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcdiz April 22nd 2017, 09:09

Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you at the next training.
Volcdiz
Volcdiz
Staff Sergeant E-6

Back to top Go down

Post by Cord_D_Sword April 29th 2017, 16:03

Hello, my name is Cord and I wanted to apply to this Milsim team. I work out in North Dakota, 2 weeks on, 1 week off for a well servicing company so I'm hoping things line up for me to participate in the training's and the ops. I currently live in Greeley with my girlfriend when I come back to Co. 

I have been playing airsoft for about two years, mostly skirmish games with friends at Fox Airsoft in Parker, Co..DMZ down in Colorado Springs, Go Airheads in Erie and both fields owned by the American Paintball Coliseum (APC). I've done one 'Op' The Battle of Chernobyl at APC, and I liked going up against semi-organized squads. 

I'm looking to get new weapons but currently I run a Lancer Tactical MMC for field that I want to mod into a DMR, and an Elite Force m4 for cqb. I have two side arms; CZ P-09 and Walther PPQ modded for full auto. 

I would love to be apart of a squad that plays nationally, my only problem would be my work schedule. I'm off for a week long and I could get time off for an op if I give notice. Hopefully everything works out.
Stay Frosty gents! ;-)

Cord_D_Sword
Forum Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch April 29th 2017, 16:14

Cord,

Welcome to the forum.  

Typically our team trains twice per month on the second and last Sunday's, however, we adjust as needed such as around holidays or events.  I don't know if that would work for your schedule or not.

The team is attending two ops this year, AMS Broken Home (Memorial Day weekend) and AMS Copperhead 3 (Labor Day weekend).

Our training schedule is set quarterly with at least 6 weeks of notice.  

Right now we are accepting applications for reserve positions, which could turn into full team member spots in the fall.  We are winding down this seasons training cycle and start the new cycle in the fall.  In the interim applicants can attend team trainings with the understanding that they are working toward a future team member position.

If you have any questions you can contact me or our team account; team@brigademilsim.com

--Chris
Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Post by kaso09 May 8th 2017, 19:53

Hi everyone,

My name's Kang, I've been in Boulder for about seven years.  Very happy to see a mil-sim group and have fond memories of a few airsoft games in college.

I'm excited to see training still ongoing (Chris filled me in on the schedule a little bit, hopefully my work schedule doesn't preclude me from participating Smile), and I look forward to the interview!

Last edited by kaso09 on April 18th 2018, 20:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : privacy :))
kaso09
kaso09
Brigade Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch May 8th 2017, 20:40

Kang,

Welcome to the forum!  We spoke on the phone and I'm glad to see you're interested.  

Daniel (@rainman) will be in touch with you soon concerning your application.  

If you have any questions in the interim please feel free to post them up and someone will get back to you.  

I look forward to meeting you! 

--Chris
Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffman May 8th 2017, 22:18

Kang,

Welcome, I look foreword to meet you.

Chris Stafford (aka: StaffMan or just Staff)
Staffman
Staffman
Staff Sergeant E-6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum