Boulder Airsoft & Brigade Milsim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome!

Optimized for Google Chrome, Droid and iPhone users.

Thank you for coming the the Forum of Boulder Airsoft.

Create a free account, and start interacting with other airsoft players in the Colorado area.

You can check out our home page at www.boulderairsoft.com

Like us on Facebook

Boulder Airsoft Home Facebook Instagram
Forum Flickr Brigade Facebook

Current Weather in Nederland CO
Find more about Weather in Nederland, CO
Click for weather forecast

Go Airheads Field (Erie)

+7
Dice
TheRedThreat
Der Affe (Dice)
Miner
shiftycat
SplitInfinity
Twitch
11 posters

Go down

Go Airheads Field (Erie) Empty Go Airheads Field (Erie)

Post by Twitch August 18th 2011, 13:30

This review is the experience and opinion of the individual and not the official position of, or endorsement by Boulder Airsoft or Boulder Brigade.

REVIEW OF GO AIRHEADS FIELD

Name of the Facility – Go Airheads

Location, address – 4471 WCR 7, Erie CO

Days and hours of operation – Nothing consistent, check their calendar.

Cost - All/Any prices subject to change without notice...
*Entrance fees:
Normal Game: $5.00
12 Hour Game: $30.00
24 Hour Game: $45.00

*BB Sales:
High grade, Golden Ball 0.20g
4,000 rounds (1 bag): $10.00

*Airsoft Gun Rentals:
$10.00 - Normal Game
$15.00 - 12 Hour Game
$20.00 - 24 Hour Game

Impressions of staff – Disorganized, and power hungry. This was reaffirmed when speaking with an associate who was helping the owner run the field. He voiced nothing but complaints about the management and power hungry nature of the owner.

Layout of the venue – A dilapidated area attached to a farm house. This property has a run down barn, broken down truck, chicken coup, and free roaming goats. Basically a junkyard with farm animals.

First impressions -
1. A tetanus shot waiting to happen. The metal fences have sharp exposed edges and rusted nails protrude from the barn and wooden fencing and other structures.
2. Major safety issues in addition to the listed above. The owner permits sniper rifles to fire up to 575 FPS. To put this in perspective, while tuning down a rifle I acquired (which was shooting 505 FPS) I was able to shoot through a hollow-core door. This was addressed with the owner who refused to modify the rule in the interest of safety, and the rule stands to this day.
3. There is no minimum engagement distance (other than 50 ft for the 575FPS sniper weapons) and players take advantage of this firing at distances within 5 feet.
4. This appears to be an illegal business being run. I say this as the owner does not charge sales tax, or provide receipts which is a violation of State and Federal Law. The employee I spoke with also stated they are paid cash under the table.
5. At least half of the property is open unused area.
6. The owner told me they operate without any insurance for the business.

Experiences – Poor. The oppressive oversight of the owner, rules were enforced on a selective nature by the owner, without consistency player to player. In addition to this, a hazardous environment made for a less than pleasurable day. It seemed more like a dumping ground for parents to drop off their teen and pre-teen kids to play airsoft. There were multiple instances of bleeding injuries from close range hits. There was no first aid kit on site which was readily accessible. At one point a player cut his leg on discarded sheet metal laying in the field, and the owner acted put off and offended when other players tried to address this and clean the wound. On a side note, the owner was insistent that any photos take on site reference the Go Airheads field, but when asked if Boulder Airsoft could display their banner as multiple players were on site, he refused and told them to put the banner away. I spent a majority of the day taking photo’s and roaming the field due to a recent injury, I decided to take things easy. I saw multiple instances of players not calling hits, blind firing, and sneaking up on other players and shooting from blatantly unsafe distances. The owner was oppressive in nature when it came to the profanity rule.

Overall thoughts, good and bad – In its current state, and under current management, this place is a joke. I will not return.
That being said, the property has great potential if the safety hazards are removed and the field is better organized and empty space is utilized. I rate this a 1 out of 5, only giving the 1 for the potential the field holds.

REMINDER, This is a personal opinion, and NOT the official position of, or endorsement by Boulder Airsoft or Boulder Brigade.

Post your impressions and experiences below.
Twitch
Twitch
Brigade Commander - Operations Manager

http://www.brigademilsim.com

Back to top Go down

Go Airheads Field (Erie) Empty My Review of Go Airheads

Post by SplitInfinity August 18th 2011, 16:39

I'd have to agree with a lot of Twitch said, though I think a rating of 1/5 is a bit harsh.

I would give this place a 2/5 or a 3/5, depending on the day and what type of players are there.

I think its a field that you have to go into knowing what to expect, and you can have more fun. This is not a Mil-Sim experience to be sure. It's a "backyard airsoft war."
But if you go there and don't take yourself too seriously you can have fun.

Major concerns are definitely hazards like rusty metal, sharp corners, and generally a dirty environment.
Also, there has never been a Chrono or eye-pro check any of the 3 times I have been there.

If you go there, don't expect people to take it seriously. People were yelling "LEEERROOOOYY JENKKINNNSSS" and running around.

If you want to have some casual fun, check it out.
If you want serious airsoft, don't check it out.

And be very cautious of your surroundings so you don't get hurt.

SplitInfinity
Private First Class E-3

http://cargocollective.com/wise

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Go Airheads Field (Erie) Empty Re: Go Airheads Field (Erie)

Post by Miner August 18th 2011, 22:43

Its too bad a place with such potential is being held back by easily avoidable faults. If there's anything that the CO airsoft scene needs more than anything is good fields with a positive image and reputation, not shady owners and kids running around re-enacting the latest COD game...
Miner
Miner
Master Sergeant E-8

Back to top Go down

Post by Der Affe (Dice) August 19th 2011, 08:39

FrogMan1171 wrote:Its too bad a place with such potential is being held back by easily avoidable faults. If there's anything that the CO airsoft scene needs more than anything is good fields with a positive image and reputation, not shady owners and kids running around re-enacting the latest COD game...

I agree! taking steps backwards and half-assing things is not going to make this sport/hobby proceed to new heights.

"WOW! A M4!? Just like Call of Duty!"

"NO DAMN IT! LIKE THE REAL MILITARY!"

So sick of hearing Call of duty this and Call of duty that for anything that has to do with guns. And they're always 14....weird lol
Der Affe (Dice)
Der Affe (Dice)
Sergeant First Class E-7

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedThreat August 19th 2011, 13:23

Sounds like this field is not so amazing with how it is currently set up. I want to stress that we want more airsoft locations in Colorado and don't wish to run any fields out of business. This review page simply lets those new to airsoft know other options exist and not to judge airsoft by their experience at one field.
TheRedThreat
TheRedThreat
1st Lieutenant O-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch August 19th 2011, 14:48

TheRedThreat wrote:Sounds like this field is not so amazing with how it is currently set up. I want to stress that we want more airsoft locations in Colorado and don't wish to run any fields out of business. This review page simply lets those new to airsoft know other options exist and not to judge airsoft by their experience at one field.

The review is certainly not a reflection of airsoft as a sport, just the review of one poorly run and hazardous field that is set up. Many better options exist for safer and more enjoyable game play.
Twitch
Twitch
Brigade Commander - Operations Manager

http://www.brigademilsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice August 19th 2011, 22:07

If i had a dollar for every time i heard the word "Akimbo".....

i would have enough to buy shifty his NV scope
Dice
Dice
Sergeant E-5

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziet April 9th 2012, 20:57

I'm glad you guys put up good review page. I'm hoping to take some time to visit my dad over in Delta and wondered about the fields up in CO. From what I've read I probably won't visit this field unless i'm actually living in CO.
Ziet
Ziet
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Tango September 12th 2012, 16:02

Fox, this review is written based on our experiences with this field and its staff, as well as the other players we met and talked to while there. I have no problem admitting that changes have happened at this field since our visit, however due to our experiences we have not been compelled to return based on the consistent lack of safety at this business. This is also not the only field that the Boulder Brigade will not attend based on lack of safety regulations, and/or enforcement.

Tango
First Sergeant E-8

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutch September 19th 2012, 21:15

I may attempt another visit here soon, so as to keep a fresh perspective.
Dutch
Dutch
Sergeant Major E-9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down