Boulder Airsoft & Brigade Milsim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome!

Optimized for Google Chrome, Droid and iPhone users.

Thank you for coming the the Forum of Boulder Airsoft.

Create a free account, and start interacting with other airsoft players in the Colorado area.

You can check out our home page at www.boulderairsoft.com

Like us on Facebook

Boulder Airsoft Home Facebook Instagram
Forum Flickr Brigade Facebook

Current Weather in Nederland CO
Find more about Weather in Nederland, CO
Click for weather forecast

Questions About Current Colorado Laws

2 posters

Go down

Questions About Current Colorado Laws Empty Questions About Current Colorado Laws

Post by Jolly Roger July 25th 2011, 22:32

Is there any law that prohibits the firing of your rifle on your private property?
Are there any legal problems that can arise for firing a legal rifle at non living targets in my backyard?

Jolly Roger
Private

Back to top Go down

Questions About Current Colorado Laws Empty Re: Questions About Current Colorado Laws

Post by Twitch July 25th 2011, 22:42

Are you referring to an airsoft weapon, or an actual rifle?
Twitch
Twitch
Brigade Commander - Operations Manager

http://www.brigademilsim.com

Back to top Go down

Questions About Current Colorado Laws Empty Re: Questions About Current Colorado Laws

Post by Jolly Roger July 25th 2011, 22:53

To an orange tipped airsoft weapon.
I mean assuming I make no out of box modifications to a rifle, it should be legal correct?

Jolly Roger
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch July 25th 2011, 22:59

Yes / No... There are no specific state laws against firing an air powered projectile weapon on ones private property.

There may be specific city ordinances restricting you from doing this.

There are state laws called reckless endangerment which reads: "A person who recklessly engages in conduct which creates a substantial risk of serious bodily injury to another person commits reckless endangerment, which is a class 3 misdemeanor." Basically (even without causing injury) if you act in a way, for example firing in the direction of someone without eye protection, you have now broken this law.

If you point an airsoft gun at someone, even if it has an orange tip... If they perceive it as a deadly weapon, it is called Menacing.
Menacing statute reads:
(1) A person commits the crime of menacing if, by any threat or physical action, he or she knowingly
places or attempts to place another person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury. Menacing is a class
3 misdemeanor, but, it is a class 5 felony if committed:
(a) By the use of a deadly weapon or any article used or fashioned in a manner to cause a person to
reasonably believe that the article is a deadly weapon; or
(b) By the person representing verbally or otherwise that he or she is armed with a deadly weapon.

////

I fire mine in my back yard (Broomfield). But my neighbors are also aware, and are used to unusual things happening in my backyard. They always call me first if they have a question about something going on.

It wouldn't hurt to let them know what you are doing to prevent any panic.

Boulder Airsoft also has answers to other commonly asked legal questions at: https://sites.google.com/a/boulderairsoft.com/public/home/co-law
Twitch
Twitch
Brigade Commander - Operations Manager

http://www.brigademilsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down