Boulder Airsoft & Brigade Milsim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome!

Optimized for Google Chrome, Droid and iPhone users.

Thank you for coming the the Forum of Boulder Airsoft.

Create a free account, and start interacting with other airsoft players in the Colorado area.

You can check out our home page at www.boulderairsoft.com

Like us on Facebook

Boulder Airsoft Home Facebook Instagram
Forum Flickr Brigade Facebook

Current Weather in Nederland CO
Find more about Weather in Nederland, CO
Click for weather forecast

KWA Piston Issue & High Five to KWA

2 posters

Go down

KWA Piston Issue & High Five to KWA Empty KWA Piston Issue & High Five to KWA

Post by Twitch June 8th 2012, 16:36

First, I want to say this is in no way a complaint about KWA's products.

While at Operation Broken Home in Oklahoma, I experienced a failure in my (roughly) 1 year old KWA SR-10. The gun has seen many many many thousand rounds through it, primarily using an 11.1V LiPo. (rough estimate would be 40,000 to 50,000)

Prior to the trip, I opened the gear box, inspected everything. Everything looked clean, and free of signs of wear. This gear box has all stock internals, I have never had to replace a part.

The piston showed no signs of wear.

While at Broken Home, toward the end of the second day, and only about 3,500 rounds into the weekend, I experienced an all too familiar sound. A whirring, with no firing. I pulled the trigger again, and this time a whirring with a crackling, and light popping sound. I immediately put the gun on safe, and deemed by gun as "broken." I assumed I had stripped the piston.

Upon opening the gear box today, I discovered something interesting. The piston was not stripped in a traditional fashion. Typically a stripped piston has the teeth worn down to the point the sector gear can no longer grip them.

The piston I saw had its first and third tooth broken free, and a small fracture in the piston near where these teeth broke away.

I contacted KWA Technical support to report the problem to them. I must say I am hugely impressed with KWA's dedication to quality control and customer satisfaction. KWA offered to replace the piston and head at no-cost to me, and was also shipping a return shipping label as they would like to inspect and test the broken piston as they are concerned in a product or design defect.

Its good to know there are some companies out there who stand behind their product, and support their customers. I was already a fan of KWA, but this just iced the cake.
Twitch
Twitch
Brigade Commander - Operations Manager

http://www.brigademilsim.com

Back to top Go down

KWA Piston Issue & High Five to KWA Empty Re: KWA Piston Issue & High Five to KWA

Post by Coyote June 8th 2012, 22:51

When my pistol had an issue, they took care of it in a timely manner at no cost. I have been impressed with them and will be a repeat customer.
Coyote
Coyote
Master Sergeant E-8

Back to top Go down