Boulder Airsoft & Brigade Milsim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome!

Optimized for Google Chrome, Droid and iPhone users.

Thank you for coming the the Forum of Boulder Airsoft.

Create a free account, and start interacting with other airsoft players in the Colorado area.

You can check out our home page at www.boulderairsoft.com

Like us on Facebook

Boulder Airsoft Home Facebook Instagram
Forum Flickr Brigade Facebook

Current Weather in Nederland CO
Find more about Weather in Nederland, CO
Click for weather forecast

How much does your normal load out weigh? Poll.

4 posters

Go down

How much does your normal load out weigh?

How much does your normal load out weigh? Poll. Vote_lcap11%How much does your normal load out weigh? Poll. Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
How much does your normal load out weigh? Poll. Vote_lcap0%How much does your normal load out weigh? Poll. Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How much does your normal load out weigh? Poll. Vote_lcap56%How much does your normal load out weigh? Poll. Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]
How much does your normal load out weigh? Poll. Vote_lcap11%How much does your normal load out weigh? Poll. Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
How much does your normal load out weigh? Poll. Vote_lcap22%How much does your normal load out weigh? Poll. Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 9

How much does your normal load out weigh? Poll. Empty How much does your normal load out weigh? Poll.

Post by Tango April 26th 2011, 18:28

NOT including your primary, secondary, or tertiary arms. But including ammo and extra items you carry when you play.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Exactly as stated. At the skirmish on the 17th, my web gear alone weighed close to 20lbs. Since I have been reworking my gear and was curious how much others gear, minus weapons themselves weigh.

Last edited by Twitch on April 26th 2011, 21:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Topic details for merged items after poll was created.)

Tango
First Sergeant E-8

Back to top Go down

How much does your normal load out weigh? Poll. Empty Re: How much does your normal load out weigh? Poll.

Post by Twitch April 26th 2011, 19:09

You had me wondering, so I just weighed it.

My gear:
3A Second Chance Helmet
MOLLE Tactical Vest with 2 grenades, 6 magazines, radio & headset, misc items
Belt with phone pouch, dual mag pouch, pistol holster, flashlight pouch, dump pouch.
Total for that is 14.4 lbs

If I add my Camelbak, with 3 liters of water and misc gear...
That adds another 8lbs.

You should open a poll for this. It would be interesting to see how much people carry.

Last edited by Twitch on April 26th 2011, 21:30; edited 1 time in total
Twitch
Twitch
Brigade Commander - Operations Manager

http://www.brigademilsim.com

Back to top Go down

How much does your normal load out weigh? Poll. Empty Re: How much does your normal load out weigh? Poll.

Post by Tango April 26th 2011, 19:35

Twitch wrote:You should open a poll for this. It would be interesting to see how much people carry.

Good idea, now.... How do I do that again? clown

I hadn't even included anything other than what was on my belt, if I included my drop leg and the pistol mag from my thigh holster, and my radio, that comes to 23.8 lbs

Include my camelback type bag thats almost 20lbs more if its filled with spare ammo, usually it isn't, it normally is closer to 12lbs, 3.5L water, 2 days emergency rations, and a few other odds and ends.

I frankly am surprised at how well I did with what I had on that day, I'm hoping my new set up's will be adequate, but we shall see.

Tango
First Sergeant E-8

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch April 26th 2011, 19:59

tangodeltabravo wrote:

Good idea, now.... How do I do that again? clown

If you open a new topic, you should have an option for a poll near the bottom of the page.
Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedThreat May 4th 2011, 23:29

Little things like choosing VN M4 mags rather than full size reduce weight a bit but increase rang of motion and availability of space a great deal. Also adapting your load to the mission at hand. If your playing 20-30min games don't fill your camel pack all the way and if not needed pass on the helmet. Ammo... six mags for main gun maybe 2-3 (I roll single stack so 2 extra is a must) extra mags for side arm. Tons of gear sometimes makes you a slow easy target.
TheRedThreat
TheRedThreat
1st Lieutenant O-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tango May 11th 2011, 10:49

Reasonable response, but I know that I do just fine with that much extra weight. It's all up to individuals to figure out what works best for them. Still, you make some good points about increased range of motion, and cutting down extra weight where you can without sacrificing combat readiness.
-=Tango=-

Tango
First Sergeant E-8

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Twitch May 12th 2011, 20:15

shiftycat wrote:

so either 28 or 45 lbs depending on the situation.
]

yes that makes me either 128 or 145 pounds.

Soaking wet.
Twitch
Twitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Tango May 12th 2011, 20:29

Nice. Shifty, I weigh more in my birthday suit than you do loaded for bear, and I'm not at all a big guy! Lol.
-=Tango=-

Tango
First Sergeant E-8

Back to top Go down

Post by Tango May 12th 2011, 21:28

Yeah, I believe it. I have seen you play, and I can say I'd rather be with you than against you.
-=Tango=-

Tango
First Sergeant E-8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum