Boulder Airsoft & Brigade Milsim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome!

Optimized for Google Chrome, Droid and iPhone users.

Thank you for coming the the Forum of Boulder Airsoft.

Create a free account, and start interacting with other airsoft players in the Colorado area.

You can check out our home page at www.boulderairsoft.com

Like us on Facebook

Boulder Airsoft Home Facebook Instagram
Forum Flickr Brigade Facebook

Current Weather in Nederland CO
Find more about Weather in Nederland, CO
Click for weather forecast

How do you do?

3 posters

Go down

How do you do? Empty How do you do?

Post by Vortxe July 11th 2017, 06:13

Hello Everyone,

I am Friedrich, I typically go by Friedo, Mango, or 'Vort.' Whatever you prefer, or whatever slides off your tongue more easily works for me. 
In the process of finishing out my enlistment, roughly a month to go and then I will be back in Good Ole Colorado. Really looking forward to having
real mountains to play in again. 
Airsoft is my way of escaping back to the military, whilst I am separating it is still something that is highly important to me. The comradery, trust, and 
the same mindset of pursuing the mission no matter what. 
I am having to re-equip myself, so I am looking at getting a sniper probably of the L96 variant, an M4 variant, and of course a side arm. 
Looking forward to meeting up with everyone when I return and having some fun games.

Friedrich 'Vort'

Vortxe
Private

Back to top Go down

How do you do? Empty Re: How do you do?

Post by Twitch July 11th 2017, 11:15

Vort, 

Welcome to the forum.  I saw that you applied with the Brigade, and one of our guys will be in touch with you very soon.  He's basically waiting for me to finish up a few elements of our internal background check. 

I see you spent time in the Army Reserve and are now active duty Navy.  Thank you for your service.

I would suggest to hold off on any equipment purchases for the sport until you get a good feel for what may be needed.  We will have plenty of equipment to borrow and try out to give you a feel for it.  

If you have questions in the mean time, definitely let us know.  I look forward to meeting you! 

--Chris
Twitch
Twitch
Brigade Commander - Operations Manager

http://www.brigademilsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vortxe July 11th 2017, 21:02

Chris/Twitch,
Thank you for the welcome.
I am holding off from the purchases for now, but I am still searching around trying to get an idea of what rifle I may want to purchase. I know I am wanting a full metal body rifle, due to it being able to survive longer and feeling more accurate as I don't like light plastic things. I have been looking at long M4 variants, as well as SCAR variants. Do you have any brands or specific rifles of those model types that you would recommend?

-Friedrich/Vort

Vortxe
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by peltast05 July 11th 2017, 21:10

hey this is other chris i run alpha team my secondary duties are being the primary trainer. get ready to learn looks like your coming on with some other applicants so there will be a good group to work up to the season. good luck with the process.

peltast05
Staff Sergeant E-6

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch July 11th 2017, 22:10

Vort,

Most of our guys use either KWA or Krytac, with a few exceptions.  Because of our team function most use a shorter barreled gun.  Most of our engagements are inside 200 feet.  The longer barrels may get you *slightly* longer range, but considering it's the same round at the same velocity the barrel length doesn't make a huge impact, it can however be a bit of a hindrance due to lower maneuverability for CQB environments, as well as operating in and out of the team truck.  Back to brands, KWA's are simply workhorses.  You can abuse them and they will keep working and that's a big attraction for some of our guys. In my years I've never seen a KWA gearbox or gear break.... And I've seen a lot from other brands.  The downside to both KWA and Krytac is some of the parts are proprietary, so if repairs, or even replacing parts for preventative maintenance it can be more expensive to order in specific parts as opposed to the cheap cookie cutter pieces that fit most other brands. 

--Chris
Twitch
Twitch
Brigade Commander - Operations Manager

http://www.brigademilsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum