Optimized for Google Chrome, Droid and iPhone users.
Thank you for coming the the Forum of Boulder Airsoft.
Create a free account, and start interacting with other airsoft players in the Colorado area.
You can check out our home page at www.boulderairsoft.com
Click for weather forecast
Thank you ahead of time!
- Posts : 8
I have heard of this problem with the cheaper A&K Masada, along with other problems...
Here are couple things to try:
1. Check to make sure your barrel is not over tightened via the quick release latch. Only click it into place until the latch is even with the body, if you over tighten it you can actually crush the bucking.
2. Check how your battery is inserted. If it is pressing against one side of the barrel under the hand guard, that could be throwing your shots off course.
3. You can remove some of the wobble and play in the barrel, but wrapping the outer portion which sits into the receiver with 2 to 3 layers of teflon tape.
4. You can remove the hop up chamber and check the nub to make sure it is not damaged.
5. Check to make sure the bucking is not damaged, is properly aligned and has even wear.
Our gun-tech's might have other useful suggestions as well.
- Posts : 8
A couple people have been in need of pins for the ACR. I spoke with Magpul, and the body capture pins used in the real ACR, are different than the pins in the Airsoft ACR.
They told me that they spoke with Magpul PTS, and while Magpul PTS will not distribute parts directly (as they are bound contractually through distributors), these distributors have the parts. Further, I was directed to Spartan Imports. Spartan Imports provided me with a schematic for the ACR. They stated that a retailer must order the parts from them.
What needs to be done is to contact a retailer who uses Spartan Imports (such as 400FPS or Evike) and ask them to order these specific part numbers for the Magpul ACR.
I am attaching the schematic below. I hope this helps out those of you in need of replacement or repair parts for your ACR.
ACR Exploded Schematic View (Full Size)
ACR Parts List (Full Size)
I have personally contacted Boulder Airsofters who I know own the Magpul PTS ACR to inform them about this problem, and to check their boxes.
While it is possible to get a replacement box, its not the easiest endeavor. The ACR uses a proprietary system and must be special ordered.
When inspecting my box, I discovered a crack in my box in the same manner as was described by others online.
I am attempting a fix of this by re-enforcing the box with cut to size pieces of 20 gauge steel and JB Weld. I have checked and the parts I have made will attach to the box, and the box will still fit comfortably into the shell of the gun. Its not the prettiest thing in the world, but it appears to be holding up.
Other recommendations: Individuals have also posted online about using a cushioned piston head to help alleviate the some of the abused layed into this portion of the gearbox by the piston slamming forward. These are often advertised as "silent piston heads."
If you have questions about this fix let me know.
ACR Large Screws
ACR Small Screws
Quick Disconnect Mount
ACR Complete Hop Up Assembly (HAVE A TECH INSTALL THIS, IT IS A PAIN)
Lower Body Assembly 5.56 Dark Earth
Lower Body Assembly 5.56 Black
Lower Body Assembly AKM Black
Lower Body Assembly AKM Dark Earth
ACR/AKM Complete Gear box