Boulder Airsoft & Brigade Milsim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome!

Optimized for Google Chrome, Droid and iPhone users.

Thank you for coming the the Forum of Boulder Airsoft.

Create a free account, and start interacting with other airsoft players in the Colorado area.

You can check out our home page at www.boulderairsoft.com

Like us on Facebook

Boulder Airsoft Home Facebook Instagram
Forum Flickr Brigade Facebook

Current Weather in Nederland CO
Find more about Weather in Nederland, CO
Click for weather forecast

Long Range Recon Patrol (LRRP)

4 posters

Go down

Long Range Recon Patrol (LRRP) Empty Long Range Recon Patrol (LRRP)

Post by Tango April 26th 2011, 11:00

This scenario can be played at any time, but preferably in a larger field. Emphasis is placed on small unit cohesion, stealth, and Land Nav. 3-5 but no more on the Long Range Recon Patrol team, and as many left on the OPFOR side. The only non-transferable duty on the Recon team is 1 Dedicated Medic, and if the squad is 5 large, an additional member may carry a "Blowout Kit" and act's as an auxiliary medic, although this squad member is not under the ROE for medics as in the Geneva Convention.

The OPFOR is given as much time as they need to set up and occupy the field. Their objective is as such, they have received intel that a LRRP is moving through their area of responsibility, and must be either caught or killed at any cost. NO RESPAWNS, MEDIC RULES. 2-3 Medic's on the OPFOR team. 2-6 manila envelopes containing maps of the field with various "camps" and "emplacements" sketched on them and/or mocked up orders or cables to be distributed among OPFOR personnel (Medics may not carry these, as that would give an unfair advantage since Medics ought not be engaged per GC)

The Recon Team has a map of the field with a route on it, their objective is to patrol the route and gather intel on enemy forces in the area, ROE; Do not fire unless fired upon! If engaged by enemy forces, break contact and report to await further orders.
{Further orders as follows} Engage OPFOR with attrition being the goal, if possible, destroy enemy forces. (Secondary) Gather any hard intel from enemy camps, or casualties as possible.

Recon wins if patrol is completed, or OPFOR are eliminated.
OPFOR wins if Recon is eliminated or captured.

A preset time limit can be made, however this works best as a longer mini op kind of game.

I welcome any constructive feedback on this one.

Tango
First Sergeant E-8

Back to top Go down

Long Range Recon Patrol (LRRP) Empty Re: Long Range Recon Patrol (LRRP)

Post by Coyote May 4th 2011, 00:53

Very cool idea. I like the comment at the end about working better without a timelimit. This could be an extremely challenging mission for the Patrol.

I am not 100% clear on the medic rules bit from what I am gathering, they are a noncombat role or 'combat-lite' role. In my (albeit limited) experience, medics should simply be a combatant with 'special healing power'.

This sounds like it would make a great night op scenario as well.

Let's play it some day and see how it goes. We can refine from there. All in all sweet mission concept!

-Coyote

Last edited by Coyote on May 4th 2011, 00:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling and grammar...)
Coyote
Coyote
Master Sergeant E-8

Back to top Go down

Post by Tango May 4th 2011, 01:07

Take a look at the Medic Rules post at the bottom of the game scenario forum, basically a dedicated medic isn't supposed to me engaged unless they are engaging.

My idea for the "Blowout kit" squad member is a lot like how you talked about a combat trooper with "special healing powers". Thanks for the feedback. I'm really looking forward to giving this scenario a try sometime.
-=Tango=-

Tango
First Sergeant E-8

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedThreat May 4th 2011, 13:00

Sounds great and would be very hard with "Do not fire unless fired upon! " orders in place but that is how it goes. To kick it up a notch (assuming the field/play area is large enough) have multiple patrols friendly or competitive with one another. This leaves even more options available and prevents a swarm effect from all enemy forces in the case that the recon team is detected or even pinned down. The medic aspect sounds cool but I will need to read up on it a great deal more.
TheRedThreat
TheRedThreat
1st Lieutenant O-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tango May 4th 2011, 13:42

We do have medic armbands, plus, its not like opfor must follow the Geneva convention without exception, after all, if it was me, Medics and Officers are my preferred target along with the guys with big guns, and guys with guns that have optics. I like to think if I was trying to eliminate the other team, it makes sense to start with the guy that can save them, the guy that gives orders, and the guys with the bigger or different guns. In airsoft, after them, usually there isn't much left.
That's not an endorsement of rule breaking, but it is why we try to enforce the medic side of the Geneva convention. Don't shoot medics unless you have seen them shooting first. Thats a good general rule of thumb. pirat

Tango
First Sergeant E-8

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote May 4th 2011, 14:59

I like the idea of multiple patrols. That would however require a much greater number of players. Sounds like a great skirmish size game (as oppose to pick-up games or operations).
Coyote
Coyote
Master Sergeant E-8

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedThreat May 4th 2011, 17:58

Some ops with large numbers like the Mil-Sim that was canceled are perfect for the multiple squad idea. But for small numbers I do believe it would be hard... Unless it was modified to to a sniper w/spotter recon so maybe two squads of two are following an objective without medics but one of the two has a "Blowout Pack."
TheRedThreat
TheRedThreat
1st Lieutenant O-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tango May 4th 2011, 21:37

You could do a two squad style LRRP with fewer people, have one Sniper/Spotter team and one team of three guys, you could say they got separated, or that the Sniper/Spotter team was advanced recon and is supposed to hook up with the other group acting as exfil security. There are a large number of things you can do with a similar feel to it.

Tango
First Sergeant E-8

Back to top Go down

Post by Rog Speech July 28th 2012, 23:02

My interpitation of recon is that no contact is to accure... that would notify the enemy of the presents of an possible attack. How does the lrrp come to posses the "hard intel" with a no fire comand in place? I also agree that this should be a no time limit situation. Perhaps the lrrp is looking for a specific location or objective.
Rog Speech
Rog Speech
Private E-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down