Boulder Airsoft & Brigade Milsim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome!

Optimized for Google Chrome, Droid and iPhone users.

Thank you for coming the the Forum of Boulder Airsoft.

Create a free account, and start interacting with other airsoft players in the Colorado area.

You can check out our home page at www.boulderairsoft.com

Like us on Facebook

Boulder Airsoft Home Facebook Instagram
Forum Flickr Brigade Facebook

Current Weather in Nederland CO
Find more about Weather in Nederland, CO
Click for weather forecast

A New Gun Purchase: Any Advice?

4 posters

Go down

A New Gun Purchase: Any Advice? Empty A New Gun Purchase: Any Advice?

Post by Jolly Roger July 26th 2011, 17:45

I've been looking through Evike and want to add a new rifle to the armory. Since I have never played, I can't give any contribution on my play style, but would be willing to try both sniper and automatic.
I wanted to spend about $180 maximum on the gun. Can any of you give me advice on a gun in this price range using Evike or another online site?

I would really love some help.

Jolly Roger
Private

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

A New Gun Purchase: Any Advice? Empty Re: A New Gun Purchase: Any Advice?

Post by Coyote July 26th 2011, 18:40

I have a very lightly used JG I would be willing to part with for $150. It shoots consistent and straight. PM me for more info if you are interested.
Coyote
Coyote
Master Sergeant E-8

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolly Roger July 26th 2011, 18:51

Thanks for the response Shifty.

The last part stuck out to me. The M4 you linked me looks nice, but I don't really want to waste money if I will end up buying another one. I could come up to about $300, but would that get me something of a good quality? I don't want to be smoked out at my first game. I also had a feeling that purchasing a full metal rifle would be much better than plastic (more durable?). Any truth to this?
The only reason I suggested a sniper was that the M14 is one of my most prized weapons next to the Thompson or Browning.

For Coyote:
I would assume that the JG is the M4 series?

Jolly Roger
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch July 26th 2011, 20:07

If you are a beginner, don't set your expectations to high until you get your game play style figured out. Expect to get "smoked out" a quite a bit at first. But that's ok, everyone has been there. You will quickly learn what works and what doesn't. Other players will help you out too. Follow their guidance, and take any suggestions constructively. We are all here to help each other.

Coyote's JG is an M4, and it is a good gun. JG is a good brand on the budget end. Quite a few players use them. Other budget, but reliable brands to look at are Echo1 and G&G.

Remember other costs such as battery, charger, sling, and spare magazines.

You are always welcome to come to one of our games, use a rental to get a feel for the game. But ask the guys what they use, look at their guns, get them in your hands and see what you like.

Don't buy something cheap, simply because it's cheap. In this sport, if you buy cheap, expect a lot of repairs in your future. Get something decent, and ask people who have used that kind of gun for their feedback first.
Twitch
Twitch
Brigade Commander - Operations Manager

http://www.brigademilsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Twitch July 26th 2011, 20:13

On a side note to what shifty said about snipers. Their range and accuracy is not much different at all from AEG's. Keep in mind, same plastic BB, same air propulsion, same barrels. 95% of it is the shooter when using them.

My AEG (Magpul ACR SE) has better range and accuracy than any other AEG or Sniper I have seen.... And it shoots 23 rounds per second. It's not dependent on a single precision shot like a sniper would be.

I've shot a lot of snipers. I've been hit by a sniper once ever... And I wasn't in play, I was in the field as a combat photographer.
Twitch
Twitch
Brigade Commander - Operations Manager

http://www.brigademilsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum