Boulder Airsoft & Brigade Milsim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome!

Optimized for Google Chrome, Droid and iPhone users.

Thank you for coming the the Forum of Boulder Airsoft.

Create a free account, and start interacting with other airsoft players in the Colorado area.

You can check out our home page at www.boulderairsoft.com

Like us on Facebook

Boulder Airsoft Home Facebook Instagram
Forum Flickr Brigade Facebook

Current Weather in Nederland CO
Find more about Weather in Nederland, CO
Click for weather forecast

Piston Head O-Ring, Compression Issue

3 posters

Go down

Piston Head O-Ring, Compression Issue Empty Piston Head O-Ring, Compression Issue

Post by Twitch September 26th 2012, 21:48

This afternoon I chrono'd my KWA SR-10 as it had recently been shooting visibly slow. The chrono showed my SR-10 to be shooting at 230 FPS.

I took the gun apart and felt a compression issue with the piston and the cylinder. Basically I placed my finger over the cylinder head port and moved the piston forward. You should feel substantial resistance doing this, and mine moved with ease. This told me that I had a compression issue in the cylinder.

My first thought was that this was related to the piston head o-ring. I was right.

I wanted to let you all know that you can purchase a compatible o-ring for the piston head at Home Depot (or other hardware store.) Get the 3/4" ring.

I put the 3/4" ring on the piston head and there was immediate resistance moving the piston forward with the cylinder head blocked.

I reassembled the gun and it now chrono's at 405 FPS.
Twitch
Twitch
Brigade Commander - Operations Manager

http://www.brigademilsim.com

Back to top Go down

Piston Head O-Ring, Compression Issue Empty Re: Piston Head O-Ring, Compression Issue

Post by Samsterdude October 4th 2012, 07:00

Wow, that is amazing Chris! Glad you go it working well.
Samsterdude
Samsterdude
Sergeant E-5

Back to top Go down

Piston Head O-Ring, Compression Issue Empty Re: Piston Head O-Ring, Compression Issue

Post by TheRedThreat October 5th 2012, 20:11

KWA BABY!
TheRedThreat
TheRedThreat
1st Lieutenant O-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down