Welcome!

Optimized for Google Chrome, Droid and iPhone users.

Thank you for coming the the Forum of Boulder Airsoft.

Create a free account, and start interacting with other airsoft players in the Colorado area.

You can check out our home page at www.boulderairsoft.com

Like us on Facebook

Boulder Airsoft Home Facebook Instagram
Forum Flickr Brigade Facebook


Current Weather in Nederland CO
Find more about Weather in Nederland, CO
Click for weather forecast


A&K Masada?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A&K Masada?

Post by Miner on January 9th 2012, 09:09

What kind of info does anyone have on this gun? I'm looking to sell my L85 for a modern US system that accepts STANAG magazines. I've had problems with the exterior durability of SCARs in the past and settling for a regular M4 or M16 seems a little boring. Since I dont have the funds to drop on the Magpul PTS Masada, this seems like the A&K could be a good alternative.
avatar
Miner
Master Sergeant E-8

Posts : 422
Age : 25
Location : Golden, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: A&K Masada?

Post by Twitch on January 9th 2012, 10:35

I hear that the butt stock snaps off and the barrels can be turned into an improvised corner shot if you fall a sufficient distance and land on it.








In all seriousness, I have heard that they had issues with durability. Some have been saying the newer generations have resolved these issues. I can't personally attest to this however. I did handle the above gun, prior to it being broke, and it felt lighter than the PTS ACR, but is exactly the same size. It did not feel like it had any wobble or rattle, but keep in mind this was the above guns first time on the field.

_________________
chris.nielson@brigademilsim.com
avatar
Twitch
Brigade Captain

Posts : 6325
Age : 37
Location : Broomfield, CO

http://www.brigademilsim.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A&K Masada?

Post by Samsterdude on January 9th 2012, 10:39

Twitch wrote:I hear that the butt stock snaps off and the barrels can be turned into an improvised corner shot if you fall a sufficient distance and land on it.








In all seriousness, I have heard that they had issues with durability. Some have been saying the newer generations have resolved these issues. I can't personally attest to this however. I did handle the above gun, prior to it being broke, and it felt lighter than the PTS ACR, but is exactly the same size. It did not feel like it had any wobble or rattle, but keep in mind this was the above guns first time on the field.
LMAO!
avatar
Samsterdude
Sergeant E-5

Posts : 120
Age : 20
Location : Windsor, CO

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: A&K Masada?

Post by Miner on January 9th 2012, 14:42

shiftycat wrote:you wanted that l86 so bad, you better keepit

Actually, my paycheck today was a little bigger than I expected, so I may be able to keep your precious L85 and still get a new gun Wink
avatar
Miner
Master Sergeant E-8

Posts : 422
Age : 25
Location : Golden, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: A&K Masada?

Post by Samsterdude on January 9th 2012, 15:53

Miner wrote:
shiftycat wrote:you wanted that l86 so bad, you better keepit

Actually, my paycheck today was a little bigger than I expected, so I may be able to keep your precious L85 and still get a new gun Wink
If you have extra money then why don't you buy a VFC SCAR?
avatar
Samsterdude
Sergeant E-5

Posts : 120
Age : 20
Location : Windsor, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: A&K Masada?

Post by Miner on January 9th 2012, 16:01

I havent totally ruled it out, but i had a Classic Army SCAR a while back, and the stock hinge was continuously breaking, not a cheap replacement part on a high end AEG. Since the designs are the same, Im wearing that it will have the same problem

Besides, with the price of the VFC SCAR, I could just pay the extra $30 and get the PTS Masada from an HK retailer
avatar
Miner
Master Sergeant E-8

Posts : 422
Age : 25
Location : Golden, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: A&K Masada?

Post by Twitch on January 9th 2012, 16:47

The SCAR the Brigade has is a VFC. You're welcome to take a look if you would like. You're also welcome to get inside it and see if you can get the demon out.

_________________
chris.nielson@brigademilsim.com
avatar
Twitch
Brigade Captain

Posts : 6325
Age : 37
Location : Broomfield, CO

http://www.brigademilsim.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: A&K Masada?

Post by Twitch on February 16th 2012, 13:35

Miner... what are your two cents about the Masada you had?

_________________
chris.nielson@brigademilsim.com
avatar
Twitch
Brigade Captain

Posts : 6325
Age : 37
Location : Broomfield, CO

http://www.brigademilsim.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: A&K Masada?

Post by Twitch on February 16th 2012, 17:26

shiftycat wrote:Is anyone willing to donate a masada hop up?

Those are proprietary. The A&K and the Magpul are not cross-compatible. You would need to order a hop-up unit from Magpul via a Spartan Imports distributor such as 400FPS. I do not know the cost.

When it comes in, I can install it, and show you how to access it, but it is truly a pain in the ass to remove the entire hop up unit on your ACR.

_________________
chris.nielson@brigademilsim.com
avatar
Twitch
Brigade Captain

Posts : 6325
Age : 37
Location : Broomfield, CO

http://www.brigademilsim.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A&K Masada?

Post by Miner on February 16th 2012, 17:35

A&K Masada: For the price, you can buy a KWA and it will perform a hell of a lot better. Despite mine being a total lemon, I still dont think it would have been worth what I paid. Despite the return fee's ASGI has, I'm still glad I got rid of it and now I can get something more dependable

Twitch wrote:
shiftycat wrote:Is anyone willing to donate a masada hop up?

Those are proprietary. The A&K and the Magpul are not cross-compatible. You would need to order a hop-up unit from Magpul via a Spartan Imports distributor such as 400FPS. I do not know the cost.

When it comes in, I can install it, and show you how to access it, but it is truly a pain in the ass to remove the entire hop up unit on your ACR.

And this is why I chose not to purchase Red's PTS. Is it too much to ask for a gun that performs well and is dependable out of the box, and when it comes to repairs, parts can be easily found?
avatar
Miner
Master Sergeant E-8

Posts : 422
Age : 25
Location : Golden, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: A&K Masada?

Post by Twitch on February 16th 2012, 17:42

marcesw wrote: I am using a 9.4v
Lithium battery till my LIPO comes in, but the rate of fire is higher than my custom M4.

What??? Do you mean a 9.6V NiMH? I'm not aware of a 9.4V battery. And a LiPo is a Lithium-Polymer battery.

Or did you "engineer" some other type of battery to work with your gun?

LiPo Cells are 3.7V Each.. So they come in 3.7V, 7.4V, 11.1V, etc...
NiMH Cells are 1.2V Each So they come in 1.2V, 2.4V, 3.6V, 4.8V. 6.0V, 7.2V, 8.4V, 9.6V, 10.8V, etc...

A 9.6V NiMH is going to give very comparable fire to a 7.4V LiPo. You will notice a substantial change when you switch up to an 11.1V, as far as I am aware the A&K's are not 11.1V ready, primarily due to their internals being cheaper, and the box itself using 7mm bushings.

_________________
chris.nielson@brigademilsim.com
avatar
Twitch
Brigade Captain

Posts : 6325
Age : 37
Location : Broomfield, CO

http://www.brigademilsim.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A&K Masada?

Post by TheRedThreat on February 16th 2012, 20:26

And Miner turnes to KWA. Soon I will convert you all. Wink


_________________
Axios Claritas! -(Worthy of Glory)

Matt Rodgers 'TheRedThreat'
avatar
TheRedThreat
Brigade Operator, Fire Team Bravo

Posts : 1584
Age : 31
Location : Lakewood Colorado

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum