Boulder Airsoft & Brigade Milsim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome!

Optimized for Google Chrome, Droid and iPhone users.

Thank you for coming the the Forum of Boulder Airsoft.

Create a free account, and start interacting with other airsoft players in the Colorado area.

You can check out our home page at www.boulderairsoft.com

Like us on Facebook

Boulder Airsoft Home Facebook Instagram
Forum Flickr Brigade Facebook

Current Weather in Nederland CO
Find more about Weather in Nederland, CO
Click for weather forecast

plate carriers or chest rigs?

2 posters

Go down

plate carriers or chest rigs? Empty plate carriers or chest rigs?

Post by MaxtheNinja July 14th 2018, 13:59

Which is better for airsoft a plate carrier or a chest rig and why? 
My opinion, chest rigs are better because they are lighter. There is no need to wear a plate carrier since we aren't in real combat where we need to carry bulletproof plates to protect us. We can get away with a simple chest rig in most cases.

MaxtheNinja
Private

Back to top Go down

plate carriers or chest rigs? Empty Re: plate carriers or chest rigs?

Post by Twitch July 14th 2018, 16:43

Well they definitely aren't the same and each have their place. 

First, you're right, the carrying of real plates for protection is not needed.  Some choose to use airsoft for training purposes and those people will want to train as they fight and will use the same rig.  Some will train with the plates in.  For events the use of plates is more of a burden in terms of weight and comfortability.  Most of these events last 12 to 30 hours and in my opinion its hard to justify having plates in for that long unless you are preparing for a military deployment.  

Plate carriers are also handy in cold environments as it helps keep your core a little warmer.  In addition they give you more real estate for mounting equipment that may be needed.  

Many of the events I do with my team are in hot and humid environments. While I used to use a plate carrier I have seen the light and converted over to a chest rig.  I think it's definitely the best bet in those situations.  It allows more air flow, thus more cooling.  

I'm a proponent of "less is more".  I'll tell my guys to cut every ounce they can.  Carry enough magazines and enough water.  Cut down in other areas whenever possible.
Twitch
Twitch
Brigade Commander - Operations Manager

http://www.brigademilsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxtheNinja July 14th 2018, 17:04

Okay, I didn't even think of the extra warmth that a plate carrier would provide, I usually don't play in the winter... But yeah, a chest rig it is then.

MaxtheNinja
Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down