Welcome!

Optimized for Google Chrome, Droid and iPhone users.

Thank you for coming the the Forum of Boulder Airsoft.

Create a free account, and start interacting with other airsoft players in the Colorado area.

You can check out our home page at www.boulderairsoft.com

Like us on Facebook

Boulder Airsoft Home Facebook Instagram
Forum Flickr Brigade Facebook

Current Weather in Nederland CO
Find more about Weather in Nederland, CO
Click for weather forecast

batterys and rifle hottt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

batterys and rifle hottt

Post by damian75th on May 13th 2013, 16:44

just got done running three mags through my elite force m4 and both the batterys and handle where the motor is held are extremly hot is that a bad thing or what ???
damian75th
Private E-2

Back to top Go down

Re: batterys and rifle hottt

Post by Twitch on May 13th 2013, 20:41

If you ran the thing full auto continuously I would expect it to heat up some.

If you were firing semi-auto at a conservative rate, it really shouldn't get hot.

There can be heat build up due to a short (but usually an inline fuse will blow out before it gets hot). Your motor could be too high causing it to work harder and heat up. That would also cause the motor to draw more juice from the battery heating it up.

Friction inside the gun could be causing it to work harder and heat things up... Really it could be any number of things. But it should not be getting extremely hot. This is especially bad with a LiPo battery (if that's what you're using.) You don't want one of those to catch fire.
Twitch
Brigade Captain

http://www.brigademilsim.com

Back to top Go down

Re: batterys and rifle hottt

Post by damian75th on May 15th 2013, 00:21

i am running controld burst fire bout 5 rounds bursts give or take and semi. and not running LiPo's i am running two 8.4v Ni-MH 2/3a800mAH baterys and this was the first that the gun got that hot same with the batterys i figure it could also have been the intense heat of the weather or something
damian75th
Private E-2

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top